Jan 29, 2015

THE FACESHOP *KOREAN Beauty* REVIEW+SWATCHES+LOOK!




Korean Beauty products are world renowned, they are credited with the innovation/introduction of the BB/CC/DD phenomenon as well. Today's review is about such a brand, THEFACESHOP. I have reviewed makeup from this brand earlier aswell, which i will link here







This month due to the 'Dubai Shopping Festival' almost every brand has an amazing sale going on, so i thought why not go ahead and pick up a few things to test out. 

So here is the review of their Brow Master & BB Brush. 






The first thing i picked up is the brow master, which is available in 3 shades (not impressed with the shade range) and comes with a mini spoolie and a applicator brow brush. The brush is too small for my hand, it might not be for others but for me they are way too small, its a good travel palette for sure, has a decent mirror as well. 

The make of the both the brushes is extremely good though. They brush through and apply the product very well.






The shade in the palette are light ashy grey & dark chocolate brown, on the days i want a softer look i go ahead with mixing the 2 shades up and getting a soft defined look. The shade for me is perfect, even thought i have brunette eyebrows i usually tend to go with dark brown color, as this gives me a much more natural result. 

I have bushy eyebrows so i need all the 'natural' i can get. Also i am not one to over-define my brows as i think that looks way too made up on me personally. But thats just me and not judging the ones who love this look.

 #ownyourpretty







Above as you can see (pending run to the parlour) this gives me a soft defined look and i like that. Over the powder i go with my Thebodyshop Clear brow gel or my BLINC Brow gel. Setting the powder down is very important as it guarantees the shape of the brow and also keeps the color in place. 





Now this was the impulse buy for me, I had gone with the mindset that i would pick up makeup only, but the lipsticks and nailpaints were out of stock (the ones i liked), also i was not that keen on trying on the blushes and the rest. If you have not already guessed i really get EXCITED with Lips/Eyes/Nail products. 

So anyways on my way out i spotted this brush and remembered an article where this was compared with the famous Shiseido BB Cream brush. In my basket it went!






The brush is supposed to apply creme/liquid and even powder products. I have only used it with creme and liquid products as of yet. The brush is very densely packed & tapered at an angle. Seriously i am so glad i bought this, it applied my foundation and BB cream so bloody well. The finish it leaves is flawless. I am so impressed with this brush. 

The fact that its so densely packed it spreads the foundation evenly and leaves the right amount of product behind. 






This Brush is definitely small in diameter but i guess thats what contributes to it being awesome. As compared to the Shiseido BB brush the bristles are a little longer and a little hard. It works well with a circular motion, the handle of the brush is just right for holding and placing it at an angle. I usually use this with most of my foundations but i do find it tricky to use with heavy creme foundations/products (ala TARTE 12hr Clay foundation).

This did not have any fallout and washed pretty well. I have washed it twice since the time i got it. 






The ladies were kind enough to give me some samples, but the most i was excited about is the Core Seed Purifying Serum. This really looks interesting......i am intrigued. 


If you are planning to check them out go now before the 1 feb as they have a 25% off on almost all bestseller products. 





PRICE: Brow Master  & Brush both around $30-$35



QUANTITY: Brow Master 4gm.



AVAILABILITY: All THEFACESHOP Counters and Online retailers.






Have you tried any Korean brands or Thefaceshop products? What are your thoughts? Which Korean brand would you suggest to me?

No comments

Post a Comment

© Dairy of Pooja
Maira Gall