Aug 31, 2016

NEW L'OREAL INFALLIBLE PALETTES - REVIEW & SWATCHES!



Ok so HELLOOOOO..... people of the world! Its been a while, i went off radar and was recuperating from a lot of small and kinda big issues in my personal & professional life. I am thinking of doing a 'Life Update' post for you guys as i just like sharing with you guys also i think 'sharing & talking' in general is kinda Cathartic for me personally! So anyways lets see what happens. Coming back to the exciting post today, i will be reviewing the NEW launches from L'oreal here in the UAE, my 2cents on these products and swatches.. so lets go!


The Products in spotlight today are the Infallible Sculpt Contouring & Blush palette, these landed on my desk sometime back and i have used one these a lot and i really like it, the other one not so much, just because of the texture. 

So the Infallible Sculpt Contouring Palette i have the shade 03/ Medium-Dark, it comes with a cream MATTE Contouring Shade and a MATTE Highlight Shade. Both the shades are pretty good, worked well for me. The highlight is great as a base for other highlights, on its own too i love it under my brows and on top of my nose bridge, to highlight without grabbing light, so a soft focus if you may. The palette works well for oily skin- which i suffer from :'(  The quantity is generous. The formulation somehow reminds me of the LM cream Bronzing palette which came out sometime last year. The shade range can be extended as everybody will not use this as a 'contouring' palette', for me on days i am more tan than intended i do end up using it as a bronzer. Just saying. 

The product stays on, on its own for almost the whole day but its life can be increased with some powder (which is a must for me personally). They blend really well and also it does not have any noticeable scent/smell to it, which is otherwise pretty common in cream products. There are 2 shades in this range as far as i can tell, do not quote me on that. This product for me works well with a sponge or my fingers. I tried it with my contour blending brush, the resulting intensity is not as much as one gets with a sponge/finger. The brush somehow takes away far too much and one ends up building up the product for no reason!! 

The pigmentation too i guess can be more but this works fine for me too and for people who want to incorporate cream products in their everyday routine but do not want to commit because of the time it needs for blending , so here less pigmentation = less time blending = outta the door faster!! :D


The Infallible Blush Sculpt palette comes in 3 shades and the one i have is Soft Rosy, the blush on first look, looks amazing and i was really excited. But upon further inspection and trying i really do not like this formula, its way too chunky. Blends funny and all in all just a bad formulation. The color though comes across as pretty, like really pretty. Even in the swatches i guess you can make out the chunkiness of this formula, it might be that i have a bad piece, dnt know. Please do TRY this product at the counter first and then decide.  

The shades work well for most skintones, the resulting color is good but seriously after trying and using the contouring palette i was somewhat disappointed. It has a slight floral scent to it nothing earth shattering though. You can def use one shade at a time or swirl your blush brush around and get a mixture of all the shades. This shade in particular is very beautiful, like if the formulation was on point or even half way decent i would have def used it everyday. I have been loving other blushes from loreal which work really well and the formulation is also on point. 

QUANTITY: Sculpt Contouring palette 10gms (total) & Sculpt Blush Palette 15gms (total approx).


AVAILABILITY:  Carrefour, Centerpoint & Boots Pharmacies across UAE. 


PRICE: Aed 80-100 (price range). 

So here it is my pointers on this range. I hope guys liked the  review and it gave some food for thought. Do check these products out and decide for yourself. I personally feel beauty is very subjective in products and outlook, both. So be your own judge. Until my next post. Have a lovely week guys! 
xx

No comments

Post a Comment

© Dairy of Pooja
Maira Gall