Feb 2, 2015

CURRENT FAVOURITE RED'S!




Hey Lovelies! This review has been in the making for sooo long, finally its here. Today i am reviewing some of my current favourite RED LIPSTICKS for you guys. Red was never my color, i was always into Pink and purples but since the past few years all i can think about and buy is RED lipstick! So here we go.

DRUGSTORE RED'S.


NYX MATTE LIP CREAM in 'Monte Carlo': its a deep cranberry red and goes on very smoothly. I love these NYX lip cream's but the only drawback for me is that they have a very small shelf life, atleast in my case. The formulation is very creamy and non-sticky, dries down very fast. It does transfer onto clothes but stays on for a long time as a stain. Doesn't have any scent nor does it have any taste.
Retails at $6.


REVLON MATTE BALM in 'Standout': this is a cranberry-orangy type of red to me, it might appear lighter on less pigmented lips, but on me this comes out as a cranberry-orangey shade. This formula like all other revlon balm's has a minty scent and does tingle when applied. It glides on like a dream and stays put. This also leaves behind a beautiful stain on my lips. Revlon scored big time with this range. I love the texture of the matte balms. This is a twist up pencil, very convenient. 
Retails at $8-$9.


BOURJOIS ROUGE EDITION VELVET in 'Hot Pepper': i took my time to get used to this shade of red, on me it comes across as a very orangy-red, and i know it looks amazing on any skintone but i was very skeptical of this one. Overtime though i think this is an excellent color for olive/tanned skintones or even fairer skintones as it brightens up the whole face without putting in much effort. The texture and formulation of this range is excellent & smooth. They stay put for a long time without leaking or smudging and fade out over time to a beautiful stain. I have other colors from this range but this is my fav one along with Ping Pong. I use my fingers to apply this when i want to get a soft stained look.
Retails at  $12-$13.


MAYBELLINE COLORSENSATION in 'Pleasure me Red': this is one of the newest in my drugstore collection and i am obsessed. This dark berry red is perfect for all skintones and wears beautifully. At first i thought this was way too creamy but when i used it, its more of a satin finish with intense shine. The texture and formulation is great and really is insanely pigmented. One swipe and you are done. The packaging though i am not a fan off and never was actually, never liked the hard plastic translucent lids, i just find them too tacky, its just a lid i know but i like it when my makeup looks as beautiful as it applies. Call me shallow call me crazy but thats me.
Retails at $4-$8. 


HIGH END RED'S



SEPHORA MATTE LIP CREAM in '01/Always Red': Its my all time fav red shade and formulation. Need i say more.. :D The fan following for this range by sephora is LOOONG and i am one of the many. Its just the most beautiful bright red color with excellent formula and finish. Glides on like a dream and stays put. Dries down to a full matte finish and does not transfer. I can not find one con about this lipstick. This lip shade is one of Sephora's bestsellers and is a BBlogger fav as well. 
Retails at $13. 


MAC RETRO MATTE LIPSTICK in 'Ruby Woo': this is the most coveted lipstick from MAC ever, and rightly so. Its a gorgeous vivid bright red shade with a blue undertone and goes on beautifully. As far as the finish is concerned this is a full matte lipstick. The only con of this lipstick is that its chalky, so one should really exfoliate and mositurize ones lips before applying this lip color. I have not come across one bad review or heard one person say that they do not like the color, its the most amazing universally flattering red color. Mac brings out and re-promotes this shade in almost all its collections.
Retails at $16.




NARS VELVET MATTE LIP PENCIL in 'Cruella': this has to be one of my all time fav red shades along with mac ruby woo. Its such a flattering red, its more darker than ruby woo and dragon girl (more pink) from nars. This has a very smooth application and stays put through almost anything. This goes on brilliantly and is very pigmented with an amazing staying power. When i buy lip pencils the only thing i hate about them is the sharpening bit and so is the case with this one,i hate sharpening the pencils as i can never get it right, i always end up wasting a lot of color. Anyways the texture of this lip pencil is to die for and i totally would be repurchasing it. Its a bit pricey for a lip jumbo pencil but its totally worth it.
Retails at $26.


NARS AUDACIOUS LIPSTICK in 'Annabella': these came out at the end of last year and have become my fav. I love the formulation of this range and the color selection is just amazing. I do feel they are a bit on the pricey side considering its the same amount of product as the earlier lipstick range but having said that these would totally be worth buying if you are a lipstick addict like myself. The experience of putting these on is something else. Applying these lipsticks makes me as happy as my Estee Lauder Pure Color envy lipsticks. Amazing pigmentation and texture. Annabella is a true red with a satin finish. Its also one of the bestsellers from this range. I love the new magnetic packaging as well, very convenient. 
Retails at $32.



So this was my round up of my current fav RED's. What are some of your fav red lipstick shades and formulations? I hope you enjoyed this post. Leave comments for any request for future reviews and makeup looks. 




No comments

Post a Comment

© Dairy of Pooja
Maira Gall