Feb 7, 2015

MAC FIX+ & THE MANY WAYS TO USE IT!



Hey ladies. 
So i thought why not post something about my fav multi functional product from my stash- MAC FIX+ from +MAC Cosmetics . So over the years since the time i have started using it, its one product which is a staple on my vanity. In the traditional sense MAC+ is mostly used after applying makeup for getting rid of the 'powderiness' or 'cakiness' which is often the result after piling on layers of makeup. So here are my tips with contributions from Pinterest. So lets get on with it. 


AFTER MAKEUP 

Mac Fix+ is best used after makeup or in between applying makeup for better setting and finish. After makeup this is best used for getting rid of the 'dry, parched,caked-up look'. It happens to the best of us and its A-OK! 


REFRESHING ON THE GO

I always keep the mini MAC FIX+ in my purse for on the go refreshing and touch up's. In the summertime its best kept in fridge and when you want it just pop it in your purse and you are good to go. I find it also increases the life of my makeup during summer as i do not find the need to powder my face/wipe of sweat often.


MIXING EYE PIGMENTS

Mac fix+ is so amazing at mixing pigments. Its one of the best i have used so far. I either mix it on a dish or just spray some fix+ on my brush and dip it in the pigment, tap of the excess and apply straight onto my lids. It does the job. 




Below is the pigment mixed with MAC FIX+ the sheen and the finish with fix+ is amazing and i can not stress this fact enough- ITS EASY! Its also great for using pigments or shadow like eyeliners. This gives you the flexibility to play around with them.





LOOSE FOUNDATION

One of the best uses in my opinion with MAC FIX+ is setting off mineral/loose foundation. Its so good, it sets it in place and leaves a dewy & neat finish. I mostly spray this in the beginning of my makeup on my bare face, follow up with a primer, then apply the foundation and set it by spraying MAC FIX+ on my face. 2-4 pumps are good for me.



Below you can see the finish after i spray the fix+. The finish is sooo much better and so polished. There is a newer version called MAC FIX+ 'mineralize charged water'. I bought it and used it on my foundation and did not like it atall! The new version is more hydrating than the original fix+ so it made me extremely oily much faster. I like using it in my skincare routine as it has more minerals and skincare qualities. But for makeup i am sticking with my MAC FIX+.





INTENSIFYING EYESHADOWS

Apart from being a amazing finish spray MAC FIX+ is also equally good at intensifying eyeshadows, specially mineralize/baked ones. Mineralize and baked eyeshadows are not at their best when applied dry. At least in my experience, they always leave room for more. With the FIX+ these shadows transform into rich pigmented almost 'fluid' color with a lot more depth. The ones i have featured here are from NARS & MAC itself. 




NARS DUAL INTENSITY shadows are best used wet, we all have established that by now and the best mixing agent in my opinion is fix+. Water also does the job but with fix+ the longitivtiy of the shadow is guaranteed. I did a full post on Nars dual intensity shadows which i will link here. You can see the dry and wet swatch there and the difference the fix+ makes in making the shadow pop.




Another way to use MAC FIX+ is with baked/mineralize eyeshadows. Baked shadows are generally applied wet and using the fix+ again intensifies them and increases their wear time substantially. Below is my swatch for a MAC Baked/Mineralize shadow from the Fresh Green duo. 



FIXING'EM BROWS

I have found out another use for this baby and its on our brows. This only applies for powder brow products as they are the ones which tend to shift or move. I usually spray some fix+ on my brow brush, pick up the brow product and start placing it on my brows, when done i take my spoolie and run it through for an equal distribution and separation of the brows. There is nothing worse than 'clumped up' brows!!


I hope this review and post helps you all and makes using the MAC FIX+ more fun. Its a great product and for the money i think definitely worth it.


PRICE: 100ml $22 & 30ml (travel size) $10.


AVAILABILITY: MAC counters worldwide.


No comments

Post a Comment

© Dairy of Pooja
Maira Gall