Oct 19, 2014

MARC JACOBS 'GENIUS GEL'- SUPERCHARGED, OIL FREE FOUNDATION REVIEW+SWATCHES.





So i have a new addition to my top 'OIL-FREE' foundations and thought to update you guys on the same... I have to say MARC JACOB is really killing it with his beauty line. All the products i have tried till now from MJ have been extraordinary and the price point of all these products is also very accessible. So without further ado the new addition is 'GENIUS GEL' by MJ. 





Lets just admire the ultra-chic packaging and the beautiful bottle! The whole MJ range has a very classic - timeless aesthetic appeal to it which was actually the first selling point for me... I am sure there are others who think like me! 
Anyways the bottle is nice and sturdy with a good pump. The foundation is available in 16 shades. 




The whole foundation range, color and shade wise, is very neutral-yellow undertone friendly. I like that in a high end foundation. The texture is creamy-gel....i blend it out with my real techniques sponge and it blends out amazingly. Gets absorbed real fast, sets fast too. 


What MJ 'BEAUTE' says: 

'A breakthrough gel foundation that's anti-aging, long-wearing and awakens your skin to its ideal radiance and clarity.' 



The finish is almost velvety - matte, with an almost 'lit-from-within' radiance . The foundation lasted on me for close to 6 hours without any fading. The best part for me with this foundation was the fact that it gives a very skin-like finish and doesn't feel heavy or cakey atall. I am and never was a 'full coverage' kinda girl..so i love the fact that this foundation evens out my skin  without making me look 'too made-up', one can still spot my marks from hyper-pigmentation and old marks but the coverage is build-able ( medium to full coverage) and stays oil free for almost 6 hours. It makes my skin look 'dewy' but not oily. Its a keeper in my books...:D




Closing in on my FACE! Dnt be alarmed ladies...its just me! :D Anyways i hope you can make out the diff and really see the foundation in action and in texture too. I think it gives a very natural finish. Oh btw i am in the shade 34/Beige Medium. 



PROS:-
  • Beautiful packaging.
  • Comes with a pump.
  • Travel friendly +Sturdy packaging.
  • Matte/velvety finish.
  • Blends beautifully.
  • Oil free.
  • Average Shade range.
  • Neutral/Yellow undertone friendly. 
  • Longwear with matte finish.


CONS:-
  • None in my opinion.



QUANTITY:- 1.0 oz


PRICE:- $48.


AVAILABILITY:- Sephora.com and MARC JACOBS INTL STORES & Online.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Dairy of Pooja
Maira Gall