Oct 21, 2014

WHAT'S IN MY BEAUTY BAG....INDIA TRAVEL EDITION!




Travel...we all love some but packing can be a pain & stressful....specially when u have to select a 'few' bits from a hoarders stash! But here is my first post in my travel series- 'WHAT'S IN MY MAKEUP BAG'. Lets go..




The first stop is this cute girly polka dot makeup bag from H&M, DUBAI. Its so pretty and cute.... The fact that its a clear bag made me all the more happy. I like the fact that i can see the products in the bag without having to open and rummage through it. Retails at $10 approx. 




FACE.

YSL Youth Liberator Serum Foundation in B60- Its a tad bit dark for me but thats why i got it with me, because even though its winter in India, i will def get tanned. 

Bourjois 123 CC cream in Beige Rose- Its for the days i am too lazy to all out and just slap on some light cream which evens out my skintone and gives me some coverage. This one really works very well. Even though this shade is labelled as 'beige rose', the intensity of pink undertone is next to nothing so it works for me well. 

Bobbi Brown Corrector in DEEP PEACH- Very necessary to hide those pesky dark circles and tired eyes. Did a full review on it here

BENEFIT Porefessional Primer. The best primer i have used in a long time. Really leaves an even canvas for the layers of makeup applied afterwards. 

MAC Moisture Concealer in NC35- The only concealer i use at the moment does the job well and stays put with a decent level of hydration for my under eye area. 

MAC Blush in 'Pinch Me'- My first MAC Blush and my first blush ever. Its the only one i was leaning towards in the days leading up to my travel.

The BodyShop Honey Bronzer in 04- One of my all time fav bronzer. 

Urban Decay white-matte Powder. I am not a colored compact person so when i bought this i was mighty happy with its results. Doesn't make my foundation look cakey atall and doesn't add up to my existing foundation layer.

Tarte Twist up pencil Bronzer in PARK AVE PRINCESS- The only cream bronzer that i own and LOVE! Great for layering under a powder bronzer for more definition and longevity. Read the full review here.

Loreal Lumi Magique highlighter/concealer in 03/dark- Great for highlighting, its very light for me to conceal with. 

Real Technique Sponge- This sponge is a great dupe for the Beauty Blender. The only drawback i found was the RT Sponge starts falling apart after a few wet applications whereas i have never encountered a similar experience by any BB user. (I do not own a BB, so i might be totally wrong!!)

BIODERMA sun fluid & cream (travel size)- Best size for travel and works great under makeup. Totally buying a full size.




EYES.

Stila 'In the Light' eyeshadow palette- A few post back i had labelled this as my 'holiday palette', so i am sticking to my guns! Best palette ever. Full review here

Lorac eyeshadow Primer- Works really well for oily lids (moi) and def increases the shadow staying power.

LOREAL 'butterfly effect' mascara- This is a new edition and i am actually trying it out. Will be posting a full review soon. 

Benefit 'Push up' gel eyeliner- I am still on the fence with this one...So thought bringing this on the trip would give me a chance to try it better. Will keep you guys posted. 

Benefit 'They're Real' mascara- On of my HOLY GRAIL mascaras, seriously can't survive without it. The fact that its in a travel size is fantastic!

The BodyShop Clear mascara- Have to purchase a new tube ASAP! But works wonderfully for taming'em brows! GREAT!!

Anastasia BrowWhiz in Dark Brown-  Best eyebrow pencil ever! I don't what tree i was living under to not take notice of this life changing pencil! 

MAC 'Smolder' Eye Kohl- Best kajal i have tried so far and great for the 'smudgy-smoky' effect. Not waterproof and it does leak.

Urban Decay 'Subversion' Lash primer- Love this primer portion by UD, really has made a diff with the length and the volume of my lashes! Did a whole post on it here

 Eyelash Curlers- Simple drugstore ones. Haven't invested in a good pair yet!

Eyeko 'I DO' eyeliner- The best i have tried so far- matte, no clumps, non-drying-best felt tip! Read the full review here.




LIPS.

NARS velvet matte lip pencil- This lip pencil is one of my favs and great for travelling because of its size!  

Nars matte Lipstick in SCHIAP-  Best bright lipstick till now and the best one by NARS so far. Did a full review of it here .

Bourjois 12-hr Rouge Edition lipstick- This one is also one of the new launches and i am testing it out. So a full review would be up soon. But till now i love it. 

Eucerin & C.O Biglow Rose lip balm. -  Must for days when my lips are in need for deep conditioning. 





OTHER ESSENTIALS.

Evian Face Spritz- very important when travelling and specially coming from Dubai and coming to India ( HEAT...HUMIDITY....DEHYDRATION), both places synonymous with unpredictable weather!

Hand Sanitizer- a MUST  for travelling and in general!


Valentina EDP sampler- i am yet to invest in an atomizer, so having these samples around is great for travelling.




What are some of your TRAVEL BEAUTY ESSENTIALS???!! Hope this post was interesting and helpful. I have tried to change up the theme a lil bit, since i am actually travelling. :D 

xo 

No comments

Post a Comment

© Dairy of Pooja
Maira Gall