Nov 3, 2015

OCT'15 FAVS! NEW SKINCARE, MAKEUP & TECH ADDITIONS TO MY LIFE.


Hello lovely people! Its time for a Monthly Favs post, last month i totally forgot to upload my monthly's post (it was written & edited) but the month was crazy busy with events almost everyday and us (me and the hubby) travelling to AD almost every week. Anyways so this month after taking 4 days off, after a hectic 'everyday post oct' month i am back with a new blogpost. This month i have a lot of NEW products to talk about and rave. So let get on with it..



So my first obsession are my MUJI drawers which i replaced this past month for spanking NEW ones. My old ones were really old and i just needed a change (i am still using the old ones in my bathroom for skincare storage though). The new ones are the LARGE ones and have more space, there are two 2-drawer units and a 6-linear drawer unit which i use for pencils, mascaras, lipsticks,primers etc. Let me know if you guys want a full Blogpost about the same. Will def do so. One of the 2-drawer units has a top-lid open feature so taking out my foundations is really easy. As you can see i am a perfume hoarder *lets move on*. So these are my MUJI drawers, got them from Mirdiff CC all were for AED400/AED500 approx. I still have to get 2 more for completing my set as i still have a lot more makeup in my IKEA Alex Drawers. 


Coming to the bases, i was loving & testing last month, i have 2. Firstly i picked up the NEW Givenchy Teint Couture Balm foundation, which i love. Its a sheer-to-medium coverage which is def buildable. The foundation is packaged so beautifully & practically thanks to that this bby came with me on all my travels this past month along with the LOREAL Nude Magique BB Cream which has me confused, good confused that is. I love the BB cream but its a unique texture, this is not the first time Loreal has come out with a beady-white transforming foundation texture which when applied to the skin changes color, loreal has had a similar texture in a bottle as a foundation. Everything about this screams UNIQUE & BEAUTIFUL, I love it. The application is what i am struggling with, till now i have not found a perfect tool/way to use it with. Both these bases are pretty amazing though. Full reviews on both coming up this month, so keep an eye out. Givenchy Teint Couture Balm is AED160 & Loreal BB Cream is AED80 approx. 

On the eyes this whole past month i was pretty much stuck on with my Smokey eyes thanks to my trusty old MAC KOHL pencil in Feline and on non-smokey days i went in with a bold LINER thanks to KAT VON D Tattoo Liner in Trooper
The smokey eyes with just a Kohl pencil is such a amazing trick and also simple for beginners too! Apply the kohl in a messy fashion and start smudging the liner and blending at the same time, i always use the mac feline/smoulder for this or the UD perversion pencil as they all are super soft and flowy, at the same time blend like a dream, they set fast too. For added drama/pigment i sometimes go over the Kohl with a black powder shadow, it serves 2 purpose- a) it sets the kohl further down for added longevity & b) it adds depth to the Black kohl. The MAC Kohls are AED110/120 and KAT VON D Tattoo Liner is AED110 aprox. I have a full review for the KVD liner here


Now coming down to the makeup tools i was loving and still am. So i had the opperunity to review some ZOEVA products and in that pack there was this beautiful NEW BAMBOO brush set which has been my staple go to brush set to use or travel with since the time i got them, i have not used my RT brushes for the whole month! *calm down i still love my RT & Sephora brushes*.Anyways so the brushes i have used the most from the Zoeva collection are the Blush Brush, Defined Buffer & Blending brush. These brushes are really something, i have already reviewed them here, have a look. The other product i was obsessed with is this Sephora Spatula for Mask Application, OMG where was this all this time, was my reaction when i first used it and saw how easy it made my mask application, or bleach application. Its just so easy, Sarah from BlendnSmack was with me and she got one too. This is a MUST HAVE for everybody, beauty lover or not. Its so good and affordable too at AED30 a piece. 


The blush of choice this past month has been my DIOR Cheek Blush in Rosewood. I been obsessed with this cream blush since last month. I have had such an amazing luck with dior products till now, love their Dior Air foundation, love their Dior Addict liquid lipstick and now this. I am in love. Choose this over the Chanel Glow Sticks so this better be good, thats what i had thought when i was purchasing this beauty and i am so glad to say it is THAT GOOD. This is such a beautiful product. Well done DIOR. I have reviewed this beauty here.  

Coming to MASCARA, my choice was a lil affordable this month, been obsessing over this new RIMMEL SUPER CURLER 27hr hold mascara, its not vavavoom volume like my benefit Roller lash or the Givenchy Mascara noir but this one is a good alternative. If you dnt want to spend the big bucks. This serves the purpose well, volumizes, coats and lengthens without fuss. Stays put and does not flake off. The wand and the brush are also unique and on point with the current 'curved up' trend. Its a good buy for sure. I have no idea about the 24hr claim, who wears makeup for that long anyways. The curl did start unfolding though towards the EOD.


Coming to skincare i have been testing out some new products from DERMA E  for Oily & Acne prone skin and they have blown me away! Like seriously not only have they controlled my breakouts but my hyper-pigmentation marks have also reduced. I do still feel bumps on my face but no-more active pimples or anything like that. This duo has been doing amazing stuff to my face and i love it. I have been recommending them to all my 'oily & acne prone skintype' friends this whole time. I seriously cannot get enough. The cream is lasting me well the facewash on the other hand is getting over *noooo*

On my nails i have been obsessing over REDS and have been wearing my TOM FORD Carnal Red nailpaint occasionally changing it up with my ESSIE Bordeaux, both the shades are such classic shades for fall. The shades are so wearable yet bold & dramatic at the same time. They both wear well and stay on. The Essie one chips away faster than the TF one. Carnal Red from TF is more true red and Essie Bordeaux is a deep burgundy red, both flatter my skintone and i guess will flatter all skintones, because comeon RED is a universally flattering shade. The TF Carnal Red is reviewed here


I was fortunate enough to be invited for a sit down with the Glambox X Givenchy team and they explained to us about the new launches from GIVENCHY also about the NEW perfume LIVE IRRESISTIBLE from this brand which is to die for! This perfume is available at all Givenchy counters and comes in 40ml & 75ml bottle. The bottles are so lovely and photograph so well. The perfume is so beautiful, floral yet strikingly deep and dense, stays for almost the whole day, kind of reminds me of my Chloe Rose perfume in the Longevity & Sillage department. Again full review will be up soon. From the event on our way out we were handed a lovely goodie bag full with Givenchy makeup products, new launches. Go sniff this bby out as its seriously THE ONE for this fall. 


So for those of you who are Indian or know a bit about Indian Culture & Traditions, it was KarvaChauth this past month (wives keep a fast for husbands long life, safety & prosperity, over the years in the modern times the husbands have also started keeping it as a sign of love & devotion towards their lovely wives, my husband being one of them)! So anyways it was on OCT 30th and my husband surprised me with the NEW IPHONE6S plus in ROSE GOLD because he knows how much i love rose gold to begin with and also because he is sweet that ways. :D I am love it & have been obsessed with it since i got it, its sooo good! Its much faster than the earlier 6plus, i have had that too in gold, that was my birthday gift. Thank you hubby. :*

Hope this MONTHLY FAVS post was interesting and exciting for you guys. Hope you all have had a wonderful Monday. Untill my next post. 
xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Dairy of Pooja
Maira Gall