Sep 3, 2016


Hey lovelies! So its the weekend and i have another post for you guys. Talking about a foundation today. I got this bby a while back and have since used and loved it a loooott.... like seriously this is up next to my HG Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet foundation. This is an amazing formulation and since then Burberry has come out with another (i think they have replaced this formulation with this NEW one, not sure please do not quote me on this) formula catering to the combination/oily skintypes - Cashmere Foundation, it has a concealer in that range too. Anyways lets get on with this review shall we..


There are around 8-10 shades available in this range and they range from fair to very medium dark. Burberry caters to pink and yellow/olive undertones so thats something exciting for a beauty lover like myself. The foundation types in Burberry range from Glow-velvet/Cashmere/BB Foundations and so on. The price range of burberry is also very manageable, i wouldn't say it is affordable but def not up there like Chanel and the likes. I love this foundation as a all year round foundation, this wears well and last a long time. Burberry calls it a full coverage foundation but for me personally i would disagree, this for me is a medium coverage foundation with a lil build to it. 


The packaging was somewhat unique to me, coming from a HIGH couture brand, its a high quality frosted acrylic with a long high quality acrylic cap. I personally love this packaging, it caters to all the fashion lovers out there, its like having a small piece of the iconic 'Burberry Oxford Check' sitting right on your vanity. *looking all fancy & all* All the foundations come in this type of packaging, depending on the finish of its products burberry goes with frosted matte finish or shiny finish on its caps, thats including the lipsticks, shadow compacts etc. The frosted finish does not accumulate fingerprints as severely as one would have imagined. 


The other thing which i absolutely love about this packaging is that the Pump (Nozzle) is push to lock, so this is very ideal for travelling peeps out there and otherwise too. As a blogger i love such detailing on a product. You get 1fl.oz in this bottle which is standard and the pump works well in dispensing the product evenly everytime. 


The shade matches me pretty well, a bit more yellow for my skintone right now but nonetheless the resulting finish and overall match with my neck and body is on point. The foundation has a faint powdery/typical foundation scent to it, nothing major. The foundation in my personal experience blends well with a Beauty Blender and also my Sephora airbrush foundation brush (53). The foundation wears well with a powder and definitely needs setting for oily skintypes. This does dry me out on days i skip my moisturizer or on days i am very dehydrated but otherwise i really do not mind the matty-fing effect it has on me. Some people do not like their foundations to be completely matty-fying but me personally i love it. 



PRICE: AED260 (the new Cashmere Foundation retails for AED270). 

QUANTITY: 30ml or 1fl.oz

AVAILABILITY: Burberry Boutiques in UAE & Sephora Middle East counters. 

So there you go peeps another foundation review. I have a few more foundations i am going to talk about in the coming weeks so keep an eye out. Have a lovely saturday. 
xx

No comments

Post a Comment

© Dairy of Pooja
Maira Gall