Mar 15, 2015

MINI MAC HAUL'15!





I posted an Instagram post sometime back with a MAC haul and some of you wanted me to show what i got, so here it. This was such a impulsive buy and i am so glad, the MAC counters out here are always out of stock and that bums me out but this relatively new counter in Galleries Lafayette in Dubai mall is so beautifully stocked! Found a lipliner i was hunting down and bought a lipstick as well. 

So the products of damage were the BEET Lipliner & CAPTIVE lipstick from the MATTE ME collection. (can't find that collection anywhere online but i picked it up from the collection stand, so sorry).  The lipliner is something i have been looking for sometime now, +ViviannaDoesMakeup was wearing it in one of her Winter Vlogs and it looked amazing one her so I NEEDED IT! :D 


BEET is a beautiful bright cool tone deep cranberry pink red! Its a complex color and will show up different on everybody. Like all MAC lipliners this one is creamy enough to not drag on the lips and stays on through almost the whole day. I know one can use lipliners as full lip colors, i do too but they are a pain to travel with, the times i have mistaken my lip pencil for a pen are countless. They are best applied on moisturized lips as i find lip liners drag the most on drier lips *obviously*! I love the color payoff and the texture. 


CAPTIVE is a warm tone medium pinkish-plum color with a satin finish. Its a very unusual color for me as anybody who knows me knows i am a red-lipstick gal! I wanted to venture out of my comfort zone and go for a new color and captive is a beautiful deep neutral color for my skintone. Being a stain finish it does glide on beautifully without tugging or dragging. The color payoff is amazing and when blotted it looks incredible. I like my lip colors to be full matte but satin finishes are great for us matte girls...They have optimum amount of matteness & sheen without being glossy. The pigmentation is on point too. This color will look good on any skintone.

Looks amazing on MAC Soar lip pencil. Below are the swatches for the lipliner and the lipstick.




Have you tried BEET lipliner or CAPTIVE lipstick from mac? What are some of your fav MAC Lipliner & Lipstick colors?


PRICE: Lipliner & Lipstick both retail for $16.


QUANTITY: Lipliner 1.45gms & Lipstick 3gms.


AVAILABILITY: MACCOSMETICS.com & MAC counters worldwide.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Dairy of Pooja
Maira Gall