Mar 23, 2015

NEW DRUGSTORE STARS!



So over the past few weeks i have been trying something new & something old from the drugstore. The new launch is the RIMMEL WAKEMEUP MASCARA & the other thing i have been trying is the MAYBELLINE FITME CONCEALER. Read on...


The Rimmel mascara is a new launch and is enriched with Vitamins & Cucumber extract. This mascara has a plastic non-bendy hourlgass curvy wand with soft & precise bristles which latch on to every tiny eyelash. I was pleasantly surprised with this one, the shape of the wand makes it easier to coat the tiny lashes at the corners of my eyes. 


This mascara has a wet texture, which i liked. Made it possible for me to go in for numerous coats but having said that after my 2nd coat the mascara did start clumping, so this one should be used lightly & 2 coats should suffice. The fact that it has cucumber extracts the refreshing scent is enchanting. I liked it, but if you are not a fan of your makeup having a scent then stay away, the scent does not linger on though. Takes time to dry which is obvious given its a wet formula. Holds the curl and did not weigh the lashes down. Pretty good for a drugstore mascara.


This Maybelline concealer has a cult following and i am glad to say rightly so. The fit me concealer comes in a lot of shades and the closet match i got is 20. This shade is a lil peachy-yellow color, so it goes well with my NC30 skintone. Its 2 shades lighter than my complexion so perfect for concealing & highlighting . The formula is creamy but not greasy, it stays put and dries like a charm. I personally did not find the need to powder it down but i would advise doing so anyways. The consistency is very similar to NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer and looks fantastic. Does not have any noticeable scent. The doe-foot applicator is amazing as well, makes application very easy. Its great for contouring too, thinking of picking up a darker shade for that asap.

The Rimmel mascara is yet to launch in the market but the Maybelline fit-me concealer is  available. Many drugstores carries RIMMEL & MAYBELLINE cosmetics. I highly recommend these products, they are worth your money. Till my next review!
xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Dairy of Pooja
Maira Gall