Mar 25, 2015

SKIN REPUBLIC MASK REVIEW!*


I love a good mask! Who doesn't??! Over the past few years 'Sheet Mask' have really taken the beauty community by storm. The comfort of applying a product rich sheet on your face with all the benefits of a mask with no messy fingers is tempting. I like my mask the old school way, in a tub, taking a handful out, slathering it on my face with cucumber slices on my eyes & listening to 'girls just wanna have fun'!! :D
These sheet mask did take a lil getting used to but in the end it all comes down to our personal preferences. This post is about such masks from a company called SKIN REPUBLIC. Read on..


The first mask i am going to talk about is the Spots+ Blemish Anti-Spot & Pore Refining Mask one which is perfect for us oily skin acne prone skintypes gals! So the thing is these mask are best used regularly and consistently. The fact that i just had one i will be giving you my initial & immediate result. This mask comes out clear on a cotton fiber sheet & is good for when you see a flare up coming or just to calm down the ones you already have. It cleans out your pores and controls excess facial oil with reducing redness. This mask has Green Tea, Witch Hazel, Portulaca Oleracea, Chamomile & Allantoin. 

My skin felt squeaky clean afterwards & i did see my pores reduced to a great extent. As for the blemishes, i have to use it atleast 2-3 times a week for atleast a month to give a detailed progress report. I kept it on my face for 15 mins, removed it and messaged the remaining product into my skin without rinsing it off. I did not breakout & my skin felt hydrated without feeling greasy. Its a good travelling mask and also good for 'skin emergencies'. This mask retails for around AED 20-25.


The second mask i am going to talk about is the Neck+Décolletage Repair Mask which is good for anybody beyond the age of 25, because that's when we really start showing early signs of ageing unless you are a picture of health! This mask is used for deep repair & firming of the neck and high shoulder area & is infused with collagen for restoring the skins elasticity. Its also for reducing imperfections & flareups if you have any. This mask is infused with a variety of elements such as Collagen, CoQ10, Mulberry Bark extract, Liquorice, Green tea, Aloe, Witch Hazel, Vit E & C, Rice Bran Oil & Arbutin. 

This is my personal fav out of the 2 mask that i tried, as i could clearly see the difference it made. My neck and shoulder area felt revitalised, softer, hydrated & smoother. It was firm & soft to touch. I do not have any freckles or spots on this area so wouldn't be able to attest that point. I have already bought 4 more of these, as i can totally see myself using this once a week every week! :D I apply this mask for 20 mins, remove it and massage the remaining product into my skin. Its best when used twice a week for a month & then as & when required for best & continuous results. This mask retails for AED 25.

TIP: if there is product left in the packet after using the sheet mask, i always drain it into a small container and use it as a 'serum treatment' everyday after my sheetmask, this helps in continuously treating that area until my next 'sheet mask' party!

PRICE POINT: Affordable 

QUANTITY: 25ml (face mask) & 38ml (neck+décolletage mask)

AVAILABILITY: Boots pharmacies across UAE. 

Have you tried Skin Republic masks yet? What are some of your fav sheet mask brands? 

xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Dairy of Pooja
Maira Gall