Apr 2, 2015

MARCH'15 STAPLES!

 

So its MONTHLY FAV's time again! This month its a mix of old & new products. From nailpaints to perfumes its all here. As SPRING has officially sprung i have shifted my attention to lighter bases and coverage. This Guerlain BB cream is just perfect for this transition as its somewhere in the middle. Read on..


1. So starting of from the base i have been enjoying the Guerlain BB a lot, its perfect finish without being too heavy. Stays put and has medium-full coverage. Has demi-matte finish and blends like a dream. The shade selection in this BB range is a shame though, i think they only carry 5 shades here and i was matched to medium which is a lil too dark for me. 

2. Another product from this lot which i have used a lot is the Maybelline FITME concealer, i am sure you guys have seen me rave about this beauty this whole time on my IG feed. I got matched to shade '20' which is perfect for me for highlighting & concealing. Stays put without creasing, needs to be set with powder though for spring/summer time. 

3. Rimmel makes some amazing products and their Wake Me Up Mascara is nothing less. This mascara has a plastic wand which is curvy. Catches onto every lash. Lengthens & Separates without clumping, waiting in between the coats is a must as the formula is runny. Dries down and hold the curl. 

4. Eyeko Eye Do eyeliner has been my favourite for as long as i can remember, its got the most amazing felt tip which glides on over shadows without tugging. Dries super fast. Pigmented and ultra black. Just an excellent well rounded eyeliner pen. 

5. Urban Decay is known for their eyeshadows but their base products are nothing less than awesome (can't wait to try the new naked concealer). This setting powder is all i used this past month as the days are getting longer & hotter. This is my second pan fyi. I love it that much, perfect for setting down concealer, foundation & touch ups too. Has a full size mirror, comes with a sponge which is very functional and sticks to the mirror so no more 'opening the compact and the sponge falls out' mess anymore!


6. The scent i have been reaching for the most this past month is Chopard Wish perfume, it was release quite a while back and has been a staple on my vanity. Its a deep oriental floral day-night scent which stays on! I get compliments everytime without fail. The vanilla really pops through though which i like. Its a pefect fall scent but i have no idea why i was all over this in March! 

7. The lipstick of choice is no surprise a red shade from the Nars Audacious Range called Annabella. Its a very bright red with satin finish. I love my red lipsticks, you would have known by now if you have followed me for sometime. This shade will suit almost every skintone. Stays on the whole day. The formula of the audacious range is nothing less than fantastic. Its a must have.

8. The two shades i have been switching between this past month on my nails are from Sephora Formula X range in Gravity & Evocative. The nude is a perfect nude & opaque as hell. The green is a beautiful dark khaki olive green, its a pretty color. Both of them are opaque, 2-3 coats are enough to get true to bottle color. Long staying and chip free. 


9. The Zoeva Mixed Metals palette has been a revelation! Its so beautiful...i literally did not touch it for days after it got delivered, i was too busy staring at it! The colors are super pretty, with satin-metallic finishes. The shades compliment each other very well. I will be posting a full review in the coming week so keep a look out for swatches & detailed review! 

10. Clarins Instant Smooth Primer has been a staple for many years now but suddenly i am using this everyday. Something about my skin has changed and i am loving it more than usual. It makes my skin texture really soft & even, glides over my blemishes. My bb & foundation go on very smoothly over it. Keeps me oil free for the whole day. It did not break me out either. Beautiful product in every sense. 

11. Maybelline expertwear Colorshow Eyeshadow in Silver Oyster is a beautiful shadow to smoke out any look. I have been using this over my liner to smoke it out. Nothing too dramatic but smoked out enough to add a lil drama which is suitable for daywear. The shine in the shadow is beautiful when caught by the sunlight. Overall a decent purchase, nothing WOW. I am sure we all have similar shades in our collection by now. 

Until next month lovelies! Leave in the comments below some of your fav things at the moment beauty and skincare wise! 
Have a lovely weekend.
xo.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Dairy of Pooja
Maira Gall