Apr 9, 2015

NEW SHADES OF O.P.I ! *


The world is obsessed with '50 SHADES OF GREY' at the moment & this phenomenon is here to stay! I read the book when it had come out in 2013, seriously i was hooked too but i never saw it becoming a massive trend in consumer & retail industry! Everywhere i look there is Mr. Grey's face, not that i am complaining ;D. So i had the opportunity to try on some shades from O.P.I's new Grey collection. Read on for swatches & review.


There are 6 shades in this collection, 3 of them shades of grey (duh!), 2 silver & 1 iconic true red. I got 3 shades from this collection a silver called 'My Silk Tie', the red called 'Romantically Involved' and the dark dual-tone shade called 'Dark Side of the Moon'. The silver is a standard cool-tone silver shade with metallic finish. Opaque color in 2 swipes. Does not wear well though, wore it for a week and it started chipping on the 3rd day itself. #bummer


The red one is so pretty and suitable for the spring summer season! The color was opaque in 1 swipe and wore well for the whole week without chipping. It did streak-off on every surface my nails brushed against though. I think all reds do that. Thats the one thing i hate about red nailpolishes. Anyways the color is really pretty. 


The last one is the darkest of the lot and the collection. Its a deep grey shade with teeny-tiny speckles of silver glitter which only show up when they catch the light. Its a pretty color but not so much for spring summer time though. The color is not so opaque, had to go in with 3-4 coats to get the true-to-bottle color. It wore well and did not chip. Its a pretty color too. I happen to like this one the best out of the whole bunch. 

In all i loved this collection. O.P.I's formula is seriously the best and you really get bang for the buck with them. I love Essie & FormulaX too but O.P.I steals the show with its varied color selection, textures & formula. I highly recommend this collection to everybody.

PRICE: $9.50 or AED 37.

QUANTITY: 15ml each.

AVAILABILITY: Sephora ME & Salons across UAE.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Dairy of Pooja
Maira Gall