Apr 14, 2015

NARS DUAL INTENSITY EYESHADOW PALETTE! REVIEW & SWATCHES


So i am sure there are some of you like me who are still under the spell of NARS Virtual Domination palette (released during holidays last year). So when news of another 'palette' consisting of some most loved NARS DUAL INTENSITY EYESHADOW's broke out in the beauty community, i was hyperventilating! I just knew i had to have it. Tried finding it online....nada! Thanks to a fellow blogger here in Dubai i picked this bby up on the first day it was launched in Sephora Middle East! *target acquired* :D


There are 8 shades in this palette which comes with a full size mirror (front & inside) & a very useful travel friendly blending brush. The ONLY new shade in this palette is URSA MAJOR (yes, like the constellation!), its a beautiful warmish tone medium brown shade which has a hint of grey-ness to it, making it look a lil cool toned at times. The rest of the shades are from the existing lineup. I have to say its really clever of Nars to make a palette out of their already bestselling dual intensity range. To have this shadow formula in a travel friendly (except the mirrored glass top) palette is bound to lure in suckers like me, not that i am complaining! ;D


The shadows hold the same pigmentation & quality as the singles. Each pan is a lil smaller in size though compared to the original singles. I did not have the lighter shadows from the dual intensity range ( thats how i justified this splurge). I love this palette so much and have been constantly using it, much to my surprise. The shades wear well & have amazing blendebility. The lighter shades though double up as my highlighter too...Andromeda shade is perfect for that. Below are swatches from this palette, i have swatched them wet & dry.




In my opinion this palette lacks versatility but at the same time for makeup addicts like me its a must have. Quality wise its on point & packaging is beautiful. Why i say it lacks versatility even though it houses 8 shades from lights-darks is because in the original line up Nars released some beautiful purple & pink tone dual shadows which i would have loved to see in this palette too. Having said that its a great selection for having the basics on-hand...a no fuss sort of collection. If you are into collectibles this one is def one for you. The 'palette' is not suitable for travelling though.

I would totally recommend this palette to everyone who has not experienced NARS Dual intensity shadows singles till now & to beauty addicts like me I am sure i don't need to. ;D 
Till my next post. 
xo

PRICE: $79.

QUANTITY: 1gm * 8

AVAILABILITY: Sephora US & UAE & Nordstorm.com

No comments

Post a Comment

© Dairy of Pooja
Maira Gall