Jun 22, 2015

LUSH CLEANSER REVIEW!


So another review coming your way, today's review is au naturel thanks to LUSH! This cleanser landed on my desk at the beginning of this month, i really enjoy it (let's just get that outta the way). This was part of the awesome OBLOGGER PARTY kit and thanks a ton Sarah for being such a rockstar. To be honest i was taken aback when i opened the tub as this was NEW for me...crumbly lil chunks for cleaning ones face, never heard of it (complete dry powder, yes but semi wet chunky stuff no!) but was curious nonetheless! So lets get to know this cleanser a bit better. 


This cleanser is 100% natural and vegan. You know LUSH products are mind-blowing, no wonder they are famous world over. I am no stranger to lush myself so i knew i could count on this product being amazing and it is. This is a semi-wet cleanser which takes a lil bit of getting used too, trust me. I made a mess the first few times i used it because come on who uses dry cleansers anymore, i know i used to use a concoction of turmeric & gram flour years back for getting rid of tanned skin & facial hair, btw that WORKS!! Like seriously it does, but somewhere down the line i just stopped using it because of the effort it took to make the concoction & the constant refilling, i just stopped (i have to get back to it, seriously not using facial soap is the best way to keep ur sensitive face skin soft & supple). But in today's day and age soapy cleanser are needed too. This cleanser is multipurpose & can be used on face & body so yay for that. Its not formulated specially for oily skintypes so do not expect any help in that regard however i do have an oily skin and this worked on me amazingly as a daily gentle exfoliating & brightening cleanser. 

Anywho, so this has a strong scent that i had to get used too along with the mess it creates. But once on the face & wet it turns into a milky paste with small chucks which are great for gentle exfoliation. On me personally i felt it left some residue (kind of a film) behind but i do not mind that because i always avoid putting stuff on my face (makeup included) if i am staying at home which is when i mostly use it, so having that feeling it makes me feel as if the product is still at work. TMI, i have a normal soapy cleanser for 'activity filled days' & this for 'stay at home' days. Its complicated i know. The residue is nothing but i can feel it, you know, like its hygienic but yet i feel something is on my face. So after cleansing my normal daily moisturiser goes on with a eye cream and i am done. This cleanser is great for daily cleansing (can't say that enough!) as it doesn't strip the skin off its natural moisture, it leaves my skin soft and supple and it really does make my skin glow. I think its more on the lines of a placebo-effect because of the milky texture of the product but it works! Makes me feel like i had a partial 'Cleopatra treatment'. Its got Kaolin in it for grease-balls like me, great for acne prone skin too as lavender & rose absolute calms our skin & the redness down. The ground almond in it is the thing which makes the milky paste and helps in toning and brightening of the skin. 

PRICE: AED73

QUANTITY: 100gms

AVAILABILITY: Lush Stores Middle East & Worldwide.

As Lush aptly puts it 'if its healthy, smooth & radiant skin you are after this cleanser is for you'. 
Until my next post. 
xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Dairy of Pooja
Maira Gall