Jul 1, 2015

JUNE MONTHLY FAV's!


Its time for monthly favs. I didn't post any May fav's as i actually didn't have any almost everyday of may i was trying something new...come june i have been crazy busy so my fail-proof products that i was reaching for the most are all here. I do have some skincare bits in here. So lets explore June favs. shall we!


Lets start with skincare, i am currently loving a new everyday no fuss cream from ORIGINS its from there GinZing range. It doesn't so anything mindblowing but it does hydrate my oily skin well, does not add to my oiliness though. It has brightened my skin and faded my hyper-pigmentation marks quite a bit. Its a beautiful cream and i am sure that i will be repurchasing it pretty soon. It hasn't broken me out or anything, does not clog my pores either. Has a gel like texture which gets absorbed fast. Has a fresh orangy-zingy scent which is ideal for mornings because it does make me feel fresh instantly. The other thing which i've been loving so much is the Caudalie Instant Detox Mask which deep cleans ones pores & minimizes pores, i have been using this for almost a month now and this is my second travel tube that i got free with a sephora purchase, i am in love with this mask. It does not "deep clean" like my origins charcoal mask but its almost there, for me this is an excellent mid-week mask. It does dry out my skin like every other clay mask. Btw this is a pink clay mask and does smell very fresh/herby, which i kind of like. This mask is def a must have for me along with my origins charcoal mask. 

The concealer/corrector of choice has been the MAC PREP+PRIME in Bright Forecast, this is my second tube btw! The first got lost, i had used it a couple of times, loved it but somewhere in all my travels i lost the tube so i had to go back and buy a second one because thats how much i loved using it. It has a liquified creamy consistency and does the job of covering up my dark circles very well. I wanted the Light Boost one as well but its been out of stock everywhere. This one is the peach one which is perfect for my blueish dark circles, goes on smooth, sets very well and does not crease. SOLD! 

The mascara i have been sucking the life outta is by MARC JACOBS, its his O!MEGA LASH MASCARA. I have been loving me some MJ recently and on days you can't reach me you can find me at MOE sephora in front of the MJ counter!! Seriously i am a fan of this BRAND now, he has been consistent with his whole range, i know there have been some hits & misses but the general consensus is positive. So this mascara is a standard volumizing mascara with a fiber- bristled wand which is prefect as a no fuss-one product-does all volume & lengthening product It has a mild scent which is ok by me. I do not have any flakes or smudges with this mascara which is an excellent sign for any mascara. Its specially a must for a hot&humid place like Dubai.


The lipsticks i have loving and switching between this past month are form MAC & MARC JACOBS. Both new additions to my stash, sadly the MAC Toledo TENOR VOICE lipstick was a limited addition one and the MARC JACOBS lipstick in EAT CAKE is a new launch in the 'new nudes' range. The MAC lipstick in TENOR VOICE is a true classic red with a matte finish. It does seem like it has some orange in there but thats just me, don't quote me on that! Its a beautiful shade & finish and i am so stocked that i got another lipstick from this range. (more on that later). This MARC JACOBS lipstick is from the NEW NUDES range which launched here towards the beginning of june. I only picked this one up as this was the only one which showed on my dark-pigmented lips and i love it. It does have a faint vanilla scent. Goes on smooth but seriously one has to exfoliate ones lips before applying this lipstick as it does accentuate the dry patches on ones lips. Apart from that its a beautiful shade and lipstick, has an average staying power which is reduced further with eating and drinking. I am thinking of picking up some more shades from this range though. The red goes on my lips mostly during eves and on days i am feeling 'blahh' while the nude is my perfect everyday fail-proof color. 


Coming to the compacts now. The first one which i have been loving is the MUFE PRO FUSION bronzer in 35I for a full-on bronze look and on days i wanna go simple and light its the NEW GUERLAIN JOLI TEINT Healthy Glow powder in 03. The Mufe bronzer are reviewed here so go have a look but in a nutshell they are everything you would want a 'summer bronzer' to be. The Guerlain bronzing glow powder is new to my stash and i have been using it loads just for a healthy all-over bronzy glow which makes me look alive and less like a ghost! The Gurlain one is like all gurlain products- SCENTED! I personally don't have any objection to that but if you are sensitive to scents this one might not be for you. It does give a beautiful glow and the whole concept of the small 'strip' of a blush on the side is pretty cool, its like you can either mix the bronze+blush to create a custom blush/bronzer or use it traditionally like a blusher & bronzer. Blends like a dream and stays put. Both the MUFE bronzer and the Guerlain healthy glow are amazing products. The highlighter of choice this past month or for eternity has been my theBALM MARY LOU MANIZER which is just perfect all year round! Its my holy grail like seriously. I do have a review of it here

What are some of your fav monthly products? Did you find any exciting products from this post? Until my next post.
xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Dairy of Pooja
Maira Gall