Jul 7, 2015

NEW FOUNDATION LOVE! FT. NARS 'ADLW' FOUNDATION


Hello beautiful people of the world! Today i am talking about a NEW foundation which is relatively new on the stands and has got the beauty community divided...i am talking about the new NARS ALL DAY LUMINOUS WEIGHTLESS foundation....phew! Thats a mouthful. The foundation though new to me has already been around for a few months now, i recently got a bottle for myself from states and i have to say i am pretty impressed. So lets get to know this bad boy a bit more. 


This foundation is based on the new trend 'weightless ultra liquid foundations'. YSL has one, CHANEL has its Aqua range, SEPHORA themselves do one and so does ARMANI among others. So the technology is not new but the way it felt on my skin and the duration to which it lasted on my face in this heat sets this one apart. The claims of this foundation are "oil-free natural looking 16hrs weightless wear foundation which gives full coverage with just 1 drop"! WOW i am sold! This foundation is known for its pigmentation and i seriously cannot argue with that, it also claims to tone down any dullness or red spots on the skin without much effort which in my opinion works in my case. Somewhere this foundation really reminded me of my HG foundation CHANEL PERFECTION LUMIRE, just a bit thicker in feel though. 



NARS has outdone itself with this formula. Can we just take a moment to appreciate and THANK nars for FINALLY adding a PUMP on a foundation, a sturdy one at that. The bottle design though beautiful is not practical. I am not a fan of the smoked-glass and also of the rubberised cap like all NARS products packaging, just gets messy and grubby real soon. Coming back to the product at hand, i am in love, i know a lot of bbloggers do not like this foundations but i know a lot who love this product to death aswell and i am one of them. This wears so beautifully and looks amazing on the skin. It does show up as a foundation so the 'natural looking'  claim is somewhat not true in my opinion. Builds up really well too. I would also like to point out that i had to use 2 full pumps to cover my whole face. The pigmentation is outstanding. 



For me this foundation is good for daily use because of its weightlessness and also for the coverage. It blends really well and layers extremely well too. I have earlier tried the sheer matte foundation but i do love this new formulation a bit more. For me it has to do with the formula of this foundation and the pigmentation. It is pricey for a mid-range brand but given how awesome this foundation is i do not mind spending that much and also specially when i know this will go on for a on time. Its a good light base for lazy days when you want a quick fix. Mixing it with my moisturizer also gives me a light coverage. One really has to shake this one up as it tends to separate in the bottle, so shake well!! Even though it has a suer runny formula it does feel thick, one really has to blend this foundation well i feel to get that flawless finish. It does go on with some dewy-ness but thats almost negligible. 



As you can see its a really runny texture and blends with ease. I do set this one with a powder on days i need it to look completely matte. It maintains its almost matte finish throughout the day on me though. Thats just 1 drop btw in the pic above. It does not have any distinct smell so good for sensitive people. This foundation did not clog-up my pores. It also stayed on the whole day without breaking up or fading away. I love applying this one with my hands as with a brush i do tend to use more because the formula is so liquidy the foundation gets eaten up by the brush & sponge i feel. So hands for my are the perfect tool to apply this foundation. Sets really fast too so one has to work fast. Nars has 20 shades in all in this range which is pretty amazing. I also love the fact that majority of the shades from this range run yellow in undertone so i had no issues finding my perfect shade. 

PRICE: $48 or AED200-250 approx.

QUANTITY: 30ml.

AVAILABILITY: SEPHORA Middle East. 

Def give this one a try if you are a fan of the NEW runny formulas and are looking for a full coverage foundation. Until my next post.
xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Dairy of Pooja
Maira Gall