Oct 26, 2015

KAT VON D 'LOCK-IT' PRIMER REVIEW & SWATCH!


Hello beautiful! So another day in OCT and another review for you guys. God i can't imagine its almost the end of this month and my 'everyday blogpost' update month. It was really hectic i wouldn't lie but also kinda fun. I love writing so for me to do just that everyday was amazing. Anyways today i bring to you a product from KAT VON D beauty again! This one is a dud in my case, like i really tried working with it but it just did not work for me for some reason. The product i will be talking about today is her LOCK-IT PRIMER. So lets get on with the review..



You have to give it off to KAT VON D for her product packaging, its so different from all the other brands i think thats one of the reason why people like moi are attracted to her products. Really amazing goth-chic artwork on all her products. Even though she does her black artwork on all the products this one is really pretty as its on white, symbolising the white primer inside and also a rebellious nature of her's! In my opinion that is. 


So the primer comes in white cased good quality plastic bottle and looks amazing on ones the vanity. The primer is white and the bottle has a good solid pump which works amazingly, as it dispenses the right amount of product each time. The packaging is super chic and practical as it has a stopper which makes it amazing to travel with. This primer has Jojoba, Aloe Vera, Shea & Vit B5. Its water based and oil free. And supposed to work for almost all skintypes. Looks promising till now right...wait for it.
This primer is supposed to go along with the LOCK IT Foundation & Concealer, the concealer i have tried and i really like but the foundation i am yet to try. The primer like i mentioned earlier did not work for me. It may work for some of you guys but for me personally it did NOTHING. My pores were not helped and so was my skin. It just sat on top my skin and did nothing. You know the feeling when sometimes you can feel the makeup just 'sitting' on your face i get that feeling every time i use this primer, my foundation and other base products do not sit well with this guy. 


There is something off about the primer. Its supposed to be OIL FREE and fragrance free but whenever i have applied it it always makes me oily and has a very weird feel, after application that it. Up until the swatch and all everything was fine but the second i applied it on my face my skin felt tacky and the foundation just did not sit well on it. Also i do not agree with the matte finish, it 'oiled' me up pretty soon after application, within 3 hours or so. Also mine smells funky, might be a faulty piece i think after all this! Sets really quickly though but leaves behind a weird texture on the skin, you can't see it but you can def feel it. 


The primer is def INVISIBLE as you can't even see the blended swatch of it here. It blends well though so thats good. Again i DO NOT want to put out a negative review of a product from a amazing brand and it seriously might work for some of you but for me personally it did not work. Its best applied and spread out with fingers in my opinion. Keep in mind i do have OILY skin and tend to breakout too often but this primer did not clog my pores or broke me atall, so thats another positive. This primer might work on some drier skintypes but for me personally its a no-no. 

PRICE: AED150 approx. 

QUANTITY: 30ml.

AVAILABILITY: Sephora Middle East & Sephora.com

Hope this review was helpful for some of you and do go and swatch this bby out, specially take a small pot when you are heading to Sephora next time to bring along a sample. Until my next review! 
xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Dairy of Pooja
Maira Gall